Inis Ecology is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Field Surveyor to join our growing Ecology team here in Ennis. We are interested in candidates who have carried out Bird and Bat Surveys.
Graduates will be considered provided that significant survey experience can be demonstrated.
Please note, we shall only consider applications from candidates with the necessary experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing ecological input into a range of projects throughout Ireland and/or the UK;
- Planning and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork, often in remote locations;
- Processing field data in line with standard procedures;
- Writing technical reports and other outputs;
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will need a degree in an ecological discipline and a track record in surveying and assessment, preferably gained from within an environmental consultancy. A full Irish driving license is essential for this position.
In addition, we are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of wildlife and conservation legislation, within Ireland, including the Habitats Directive and Wildlife Acts;
- An extensive knowledge of terrestrial ecology;
- Good technical report writing skills.
- The ability to work independently.
A competitive salary is available based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your CV to Chris.Cullen@inisenv.ie