Inis Ecology is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Ecologist to join our growing Ecology team in Ennis. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of bats and have carried out Bat Surveys in line with Best Practice but also have some experience at Bird Surveys. Graduates will be considered provided survey experience is demonstrated.
Please note, we shall only consider applications from candidates with the necessary experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing ecological input into a range of projects throughout Ireland and the UK;
- Planning and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork;
- Writing technical reports and other outputs.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will need a degree in an ecological discipline and a track record in species and habitat surveying and assessment, preferably gained from within an environmental consultancy. A full Irish driving license is essential for this position.
The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge and experience of:
- Wildlife and conservation legislation within Ireland, including the Birds and Habitats Directives and Wildlife Acts;
- Basic GIS skills;
- Good technical report writing skills.
A competitive salary is available based on qualifications and experience.
Please email all queries and CV’s to Chris.Cullen@inisenv.ie