The Position – permanent full-time
Inis Ecology is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist with at least 6 years post graduate experience to join our growing Ecology team. We are interested in candidates who have significant experience both in terms of both fieldwork skills and reporting.
We shall only consider applications from candidates with the necessary minimum six years post-graduate experience.
Qualifications and Experience
All candidates should be a member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or similar. Candidates will also need a degree in an ecological discipline and a track record in ecological surveying and assessment, gained from within an environmental consultancy. A full Irish driving license is also essential.
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of wildlife and conservation legislation, within Ireland, including the Habitats Directive and Wildlife Acts;
- A detailed knowledge of both aquatic and terrestrial ecology is preferable;
- Experience in Phase 1 Habitat surveys, Fossitt habitat classification and botanical survey techniques;
- Excellent technical report writing skills;
- Knowledge and awareness of planning process and policy;
- Experience of designing, implementing and managing ecological mitigation schemes;
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver the objectives of large and complex commissions.
Given the nature of the role and the specialized work carried out by Inis Ecology, it would be of advantage if candidates have qualifications and experience in some of the following areas:
- A postgraduate degree in ecology or related subject;
- Project management and business development experience;
- Specialist experience in aquatic, botany, coastal ecology or ornithology;
- Experience of wider environmental and sustainability issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of ecosystem services;
- Renewable energy project experience;
- GIS and/or CAD experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing ecological input into a range of projects throughout Ireland and the UK;
- Project management including mentoring of junior staff;
- Generation of Costings/Tenders;
- Planning and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork;
- Writing technical reports and other outputs;
- Liason with clients;
- Expert Witness statements and testimony.
A competitive salary is available based on qualifications and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.